This unique program gives young students the opportunity to discover France, its way of life, and its culture while improving their language skills. They are placed in caring host families, or if they prefer, in French boarding schools. They are supervised by a local coordinator and the office during the entirety of their stay. Participants either share the host family’s everyday life or are fully integrated into the life of the boarding school. All the students attend the local school and are treated exactly the same as the French students. This program is a great opportunity for firsthand experience and to learn about France and its culture, history, and traditions. Living life as a French student is an amazing learning curve! They will progress in only a few months and it will give a huge boost to their future careers! There is no better way to immerse yourself in another culture than to live with a host family. In addition to the room and board, host families offer support and guidance to students during the whole stay, while sharing local customs. Our host families are as diverse as our participants. All families are carefully screened and prepared for the experience. The matching of the host family and the student is based on the student’s profile, personality, and common interests. Students will feel at home while away and develop strong long-term relationships.
France – Select
September 2023 – June 2024
September 2023– December 2024
January 2024 – June 2024
Students are placed in either public or private schools. Students will spend 5 days per week at school, usually from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm, in classes with French classmates. Depending on their age, students are placed in either Troisième (14-15 years old) or Seconde (15-16 years old). They typically take courses in French literature, foreign languages, history, math, economics, and science. Students placed in Classe de Première (16-17 years old) will be enrolled in one of the following academic tracks: literature, economics, or sciences. All classes are taught in French.
Students must be between 14 and 18 years old at the time of their stay in France. They will go through an interview process to ensure their adequate language skills and motivation.
Attività ed Escursioni
Following Placement guarantees:
- A choice of region
- An urban placement
- A placement adapted to specific dietary restrictions / allergies
- A specific activity (sport, music)
- A specific school (schooling combined with sport, specific class
level, specific subjects or sections), private schools fees will be
Available placement regions in France:
- Occitanie: Toulouse, Castres, Montpellier, Nîmes.
- Nouvelle Aquitaine: Bordeaux, Arcachon Bay, Bayonne, La
- Bretagne, Pays de la Loire, Normandie: Rennes, Saint Malo,
Vannes, Nantes, Rouen, Caen.
- Auvergne Rhône Alpes: Lyon, Valence, Montélimar, Clermont-
- Grand-Est: Nancy, Strasbourg, Metz, Reims, Troyes
- Provence: Nîmes, Avignon, Montpellier, Sète, Marseille
Students can be enrolled in a French High School and in a specific section that enables them to practice their favorite sport or activity for 4 to 8 hours a week. 80 sports and activities are available in the 700 French schools. Tennis, rugby, football, dance, drama, music, swimming, basketball, handball, rowing… Students are placed across France and additional club fees (not included) will depend on the activity.
- Processing of the student application, research, and selection of a French host family (interview, visit the house and environment)
- Full-board accommodation with a host family
- Enrolment and attendance in a French lycée or collège, lunches are taken at school as well as school expenses (for private schools)
- Supervision and assistance by an area representative as well as by the staff of the central office
- A local orientation meeting in September and January (all program durations – the meeting can be private or attended in a group)
- Transfer costs to the host community (transfer on arrival – includes the booking and purchase of the domestic train/plane ticket by CEI + CEI escort and emergency phone line on the day of arrival)
- Arrival transfer
- Transfer on departure
- Agency Fee